May 20, 2016

To look like this.

To be 34 and pregnant. To simultaneously go through two things that change one's body. Stressful for many. At least according to what one reads, sees and keeps on hearing. So much talk about changing bodies. About pre and post child figure, breasts, butt, thighs... And with all this comes sooo, so many wishing and hoping and yearning and yelling for that body they once used to have. Not the body they have. But I know so, so many who never were happy when they did have the body they're wishing for now. Who, whatever they had or all that they have, always seem to find something else that would be better. A constant focus on what is missing. What is too big, what is too small, what is too heavy, too saggy, too perky, too tight. Of course - it is good to take care of one's body, but to put our whole worth and all this time on the way we look - not so good. In fact more harmful than good. It makes us spend a whole lifetime dissatisfied. Never content with what is; fearing what lies ahead. We become torn between the past and our future, therefore missing the whole point of why we live. We have such a hard time accepting ourselves. Accepting things that make us unique. Just because (we think) we're not "perfect".

I've let the obsession and stress over my looks take up a big enough part of my life already. Having now reached the point where the beauty of life is beginning to leave its marks and memories, writing its story on my skin, taking shape in the forms of my body - and now with the magic of having become a temple for a little one's growth - I don't want to spend my time thinking nor talking about pre or post pregnancy body. I want to be what I am - exactly at this point in time. Without the stress of what I might have looked like or what I might become. I want to let the result of this journey be. To gracefully respect what life is: change. Change in heart, change in mind, change in spirit and change in body.


Lovelove,

Carolina


No comments:

Post a Comment