April 23, 2016

I planned none of this.

All of a sudden I am sharing a home with someone, am engaged after 4,5 months, getting married in a couple of them and expecting a child within six. None of this I planned. And I never planned for it all to happen at once. To be doing it all at once. What will there be to look forward to after all of this has taken place?

E v e r y t h i n g .

There is not a fixed amount of things that bring us happiness in life. But we easily live accordingly. We live for these certain happenings that will give us the feeling of meaning, purpose and happiness. Something to look forward to, something to dream about, to work for, to wait for... Things that after achieving we feel empty, with only the fondness of memories to look back on and remember. Yes, these things are beautiful and wonderful and all of the adjectives to those. But they are not all there is. Every day, every minute, every second, has something in it that we can experience. Opportunities approaching, doors opening, windows closing. It's happening all the time. But if we put all our hope, our time and our value into these grand moments in life, if we plan too much ahead, we will miss out on all the rest. All the unexpected opportunities. We will become blind to any other possibilities around us. To anything more for us.

So while doing it "all" at once I am not afraid there will be nothing more to look forward to afterwards. I am not afraid that the near future can hold nothing more that will rock my world equally much as these things have and do. On the contrary - I know there are endless experiences continuously coming my way. All I need is to continue keeping my eyes, my ears and especially my heart open. As open as it was when it welcomed the unexpected magic of Sam into my life, the peace of our home, the uniting of families and soon the beauty of a sweet, little someone.

If you want to live a life that is more than you ever could have expected - then allow for the unexpected to appear.


Love, love, love,

Carolina


1 comment:

  1. thats why Scriptures says: So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble

    ReplyDelete