October 19, 2016

Am I fat?

I have gained 775 grams/week during the last four weeks of my pregnancy. On the wall of the health centre, next to the scale where every time you are supposed to weigh yourself, it says that gaining 500-1000 grams/week is normal. That puts me almost right in the middle of normal. Then whyyy is the comment of the doctor "Oh, that's a lot." What makes that so "a lot"?!? I am growing a healthy baby inside of me, and eating according to what my body says it at this time needs. And it needs food often right now. Therefore, I am naturally gaining weight - because I am supposed to. Or should I starve myself just to stay at the lowest gain of weight possible? What would the comments be then? Maybe I would look "better", but would I be doing my growing baby a favour?
I am fed up with the weight being such a central issue during pregnancy. Give women the peace and right to grow their baby - in which ever way their baby and body needs. We're so terrified of gaining weight in this world, that even in this blessed state there's nowhere to hide from the comments of the percieved ugliness of a woman growing in size.


Love,

78,6 kilos and proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment