October 02, 2015

My dark place.

Have you ever seen a picture of the earth, taken from outer space, where it lies in the midst of dark, calm in its own shadow, quietly surrounded by the vacuum of space. And as it lays there, suddenly the sun reaches the corner of the world where it hits the horizon, creating a growing ray of light - ultimately beaming with such force and intensity, that it leaves any possible spectator in a state of awe, blinded and mesmerized by the magic of the moment.
    Now imagine this moment - but without the dark. What would it be? The light wouldn't shine, as it had no place to shine from. There would be no contrast, no power, no magnificence. That's what makes the dark so beautiful: it simply makes the light shine. As does the dark inside and around us enable us to shine. But only if we so choose. This is where we are a powerful being, above the laws of nature: we do have to power to choose this. We can choose to let the dark be overpowering. We can choose to never let the sun hit our horizon. Or we can choose to use the dark as the force that makes our light shine even brighter, with even more power and intensity.
    This is how I choose to use my dark. I choose to turn the challenging things I go through in life as the source from which my light is able to grow even bigger and forever more beautiful. And this is why a sense of melancholy might reach some of you at times - through my words, my pictures or my paintings. As it is there. Because I want it there. I so value the contrast that it gives me. As without it, my light would be dimmer. My waves wouldn't glitter with gold. My morning and evening skies wouldn't be painted with all the hues of pink. Without it my light would have nowhere to rise from...


Yours truly,

Darth Vader






No comments:

Post a Comment