October 30, 2015

To Nina.

All I know today is because of you. You gave me the gift of understanding. Because of you I know of life. I understand so many more. I know of darkness, I know of hurt. I know of a heavy heart, of immense loneliness. I know of not being enough and of being too much. You carried a burden far bigger than your size. You were strong enough to let me see the other side of life. To begin from darkness.
And to rise.

You are now looking at me proudly, your smile peaceful, your eyes glittering of "I told you so". You always knew we would make it. And in you I see I am ready now. The moment we have been waiting for is here. And you and me - together we are ready to say goodbye to what was. We are ready to change. To embrace the light. To accept the warmth that has been coming. To touch life. We have overcome our biggest fear, defeated what we once shied away from. To be bare. To allow intimacy. With arms and heart wide open in front of another. For another.

The eyes we once knew, they are here now. And with them has come my turn to carry you. To free you from the burden I once gave for you to bare. Now is your time to play. To be careless. To feel accepted. To giggle relentlessly. To shine and revel in the light that is you.

I am now taking your hand and never letting go. We're moving into the light. We are now ready to be the woman we always were supposed to be. Our new life has arrived. Infinity was brought to us in an instant. You can breathe now, my darling. You are safe to love. To feel happiness. To show yourself. This is true. You are free now. And I've never been prouder. You have done your part. You've walked a long road. And for all you've done, I thank you.

You are free now.



Love,

Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment