December 20, 2015

Once upon a time...

I went to the edge of my ability. Once upon a time I had to cross my line. Once upon a time I was brave enough as to finally jump over. Only to find another wall inside.
So I turned back to where I once had come from. Went back to where I had crossed my line. Revisited what had forever been a safety, stepped in to what had always been mine. I went back, as I had reached the edge of my ability. I went back in the search of a place to call my own. I sat down and again imagined you beside me. Sat down and saw the way you and me once were. How happy you'd always seemed beside me. How safe I'd always felt hiding there behind you. I thought I'd return to my peace coming here. I thought I had turned back to my comfort. But what I now faced was a big, empty hollow. And where I now sat weighed heavy on my heart. Yet, for a while I lingered there now without you. For a while I gave it my one more chance. But there was nothing there for me to return to. Nothing to find my comfort in. So sitting there I reached the point of my 'goodbye', and rising up I left my emptiness behind me. With me I now carry the gift you put in front of me, and in me I cherish the strength you gave my heart. Leaving, you did tell me I'd not remain what I had been. Leaving, you told me I'd now be moving forward. But moving without you has felt so uneasy. And changing without you a test on my soul. But being back I now can see what I have turned away from. Being back I now miss what I've become.
Once upon a time, you came, and I always knew your value. I always did know you'd leave me strong. But I did not know I'd need to come find you. I did not know I'd need this love from afar. Once upon a time, I in my uneasiness took a step back in search for my comfort. Only to find the discomfort of what used to be mine.



Love,

Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment