June 18, 2016

To brake up with quantity.

So often we live with people in our lives that do not make us truly happy. People in whose company we don't really feel so good (at least not if we are completely honest with ourselves). But so often in our lives we stay there anyway, in this company/relationship, with these people - just for the habit of doing so, of always having done so. Or simply to avoid otherwise being alone... We settle and we complain, but then we never do anything about it.

I'm a loner in the sence that I truly love being by myself. I find my own company so good, that I've often felt that I could (and probably would) be happier alone than in the company I have chosen to be. But yet, I've been comfortable enough as to avoid the question of doing anything about it. Comfortable and scared of making a change. But one year ago life once again placed itself in front of me in such a way that I had no option but to wake up to this reality. I had to stop ignoring the facts that I wasn't completely happy and hiding behind good enough. Because good enough simply isn't good enough when one wants to make the absolute best of one's life. And there, I am hooked. I've made the descision and a commitment to live my dreams. And in my dreams, only the best is good enough. Why shouldn't it be?

When jumping into the unknown. When deciding that you are going follow your dreams, to for example make it in a field persieved as impossible - that demands alot from you. It's a descision that will affect every area of your life. Already the challenge of being so broke as to not have the means to buy a canvas to paint on (when a painted canvas is your livelyhood), is demanding enough. But the true challenge is hanging in there mentally and emotionally. To through these times continue to believe in oneself. So if you at this point do not have people around you who know how to support - then you'll make it all the harder on yourself. You might even lose your faith and give up. That's why, when jumping in, when following a dream, it is vital to become open to the effects relationships have on you. To dare see how they affect your heart, your soul, your emotions, your mind, your personal growth and most of all your belief in yourself.

They say it's through crisis you know who your true friends are. But I think supporting someone in a time of crisis is easy, as most people find comfort and relief in knowing that someone is worse off than they are. But to support and root for someone living and following their dream, someone who feels alive and absolutely loves their life no matter what bank account says - that's when you will recognize the true ones.

One will never know the price one is paying for settling - be it in job, home, partner(s), friends, acquaintances, company - until one dares to be honest with oneself and take the consequences of that reality. It takes making to respect oneself a priority. The priority. To dare face the challenges change always brings. The objections and the disappoitments of other people, the living through times alone. But I've been through enough. I've already seen so much as to know that what lies ahead will only and always be better. So go brake up with quantity. Devote yourself to quality. And I promise, your life will never feel richer.


Love,

Carolina


No comments:

Post a Comment