July 28, 2015

Don Quixote.

Many times I have been told that I am so "lucky". That good things just "seem" to happen to me. I know all of this is meant only well, but I would like to tell my side of that story. Because it isn't really how it might seem to be. And I do feel it is unfair to all that I do do, when someone puts all that happens to me up to luck. I do understand though, that unless one is on this side of the story one wouldn't know how much work it takes to help bring all that "luck" into ones life. To help make all of those good things happen. To help make. Because, as in everything in life, it takes work. And jumping into a dream head first in order to make that dream a reality takes alot of work. Luckily - I love work. As much so, that I have two definitions for work: physical work and elevating work. Physical work produces physical result. Elevating work helps us reach and preserve what we have achieved. What we love. We work on staying healthy, we work on our marriage, we work on our relationships, we work on being happy, we work on becoming better human beings... Luckily (again) I love both kinds.
    So now... Good things happen to me because I work for and on them to happen. I work on both works. I physically work and I work on myself. But, when I set out on a life dedicated to following my dreams, I never could have imagined the amount of elevating work that needed to be done. The amount of work that needs to be done on oneself in order to overcome all the obsticles one puts out there for oneself is mind-blowing. Seriously, we do not believe in ourselves enough. How little we believe is exceptionally apparent when the belief is put to the test. But also, we only find our true strength when in our weakest moment. 
    It's easy to work hard physically. But to create a world of ones own, to continue believing in ones vision when that vision for so many is considered naive or unrealistic, is not easy. It's like batteling both worlds of the story of Don Quixote. One side of oneself as Quixote himself believing so hard in the vision, and the other the reader who tells you it's just a fantasy. That's where the work really needs to be done: in continuing to believe in that ones dream is reality. Otherwise it isn't, and therefore never will be.
    So when you see someone who is living their dream, know they are working for it - really hard. And please support them in that dream. For the biggest battle they face is not with the world, but in persevering in believing in themselves. 

Love,

5 comments:

  1. True. The most important work is the one on the self. As I tell myself every time I need clarity: GO WITHIN

    Great post, Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your writings, spent the whole morning reading them through. I find myself in almost all your stories, that is fascinating. Currently struggling to keep my dream alive, battling with emptiness that sneaks in when I start giving up the dream as I have nothing else left. No wonder I have felt so lonely and not belonging for a year almost, on and off. You made me think that the dream is really what keeps us alive. Thank you <3 Hanging on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot begin to describe how much your comment means to me, Erja. You really touched my heart with opening up. Thank you so much for that. ❤️ 
    Your words give me strength and validation that I am doing the right thing by sharing my inner most thoughts and emotions. I am so incredibly happy if my words can help even one person. We are all here together, and none of us should feel the need to hide or be alone. 
    Lots of courage and strength to you. Your life will find its content. As dreams do come true. Dreams are made to come true. ❤️
    Wishing you a peaceful and joyful Christmas. 

    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words and yes, world needs openness and vulnerability. I also sent you a message in FB, must in the others folder in your messages if you want to have a look. I also do tend to believe that ultimately dreams come true. We will make them come true, well on the way :-D.

    Lots of love, have the most beautiful Christmas and coming year <3
    Erja

    ReplyDelete